What is the Asian handicap in betting? Concept of Asian Handicap in sports betting.
In this article I will explain what the Asian handicap is in sports betting . Sometimes I see a lot of confusion among those who start in this world of betting with what is the Asian handicap, but once you understand it, it will surely not be so difficult to apply it to practice.
Let’s get straight to the point, applying theory to practice, so there is no confusion of what the Asian handicap is in sports betting in each case.
In this option if we bet on a team with AH 0 , we are betting that if there is a tie, the bet is void, if our team wins, we win the bet and if we lose the team we have bet on, we lose the bet.
When we bet for example Real Madrid -0.5 , we are betting on his victory. If we bet Real Madrid +0.5 , we are betting on a double result, victory and draw are worth to win our bet.
It is best explained with this practical example.
– We go with Barcelona AH -0.25 : We are betting that if Barcelona wins we win our bet, if there is a tie they will return half of the bet and if Barcelona loses we will lose our bet.
– We go with Barcelona AH +0.25 : We are betting that if we win we will win our bet, if we tie we will win half of our bet and if it loses we will lose the amount we have bet.
– We go with Atlético Madrid AH -1 : We are betting that Atlético Madrid to win our bet must win a minimum of 2 goals difference. If you win a difference of one goal, you only return the amount of our bet If you tie or lose we will lose our bet.
– We go with Atlético Madrid AH +1 : We are betting that if we tie or win the bet we hit it, if it loses 1 goal difference, we will return the bet and if it loses difference of 2 goals or more we will lose our bet.
– Let’s go with Valencia AH -0.75 : We are betting that if 1 goal wins, we will win half of our bet, if we win 2 goals difference or more we will win our bet. If you tie or lose, we will lose everything you bet.
– We go with Valencia AH +0.75: We are betting that if Valencia loses a difference of 1 goal, they will return half of the bet, if it loses a difference of 2 goals or more we will lose our bet. If you tie or win, we will win our bet.
From here, it is already to apply each example with more or less goals. I think it is well explained and that it is quite easy to understand.
As for goals, if they are scored more or less, it is a market very similar to that of normal goals, but with a difference, when we bet that there are +2.0 goals in a match, if there are exactly 2 goals, our bet is canceled.
I know the Asian issue is complex , but as I said before, once it is understood, it is quite easy to know what it means.
I hope you have been helpful. See you in the next article!